Monsieur Chef shared a recipe for a Vegan Tartar that is perfectly paired with a bottle of your favourite rosé and a summer date night in the backyard. Utilizing paired with spices and garnish, this recipe is not only visually appealing, but it is free from allergens and meat-free for the ethically conscious!
- 1 big sweet potato, diced
- 1 white onion, diced
- 6 shiitake mushrooms, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 thai chilli pepper (for kick)
- green pea (for garnish)
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp water
- black sesame seeds
- salt pepper for taste
1. In a bowl, mix all the spices and vegetables.
2. Grill diced sweet potatoes on a pan on medium-high heat in avocado oil until golden.
3. Once ready, remove from pan and let rest
4. Using the same pan add 1 tbsp of avocado oil and add your mix veggies/spices into the pan on medium-high heat.
5. Once the veggies sweat their juice, add 2 tbsp of water and cook on medium heat for 3 minutes. Remove from the pan, add to the same bowl of sweet potatoes & mix together.
6. Place a mould of your choice in the middle of your plate and fill it with your mixed veggies.
7. Top it with sesame seeds and green peas and serve! Best suited for two people.