Armstrong Cheese shared with us this delicious recipe for All-in-one Chicken Rice with Cheddar, a culinary masterpiece that’s as easy to prepare as it is delicious. In just 45 minutes, you’ll craft a savoury blend of tender chicken, hearty black beans, and the rich, melty goodness of Armstrong Lactose Free Marble Cheddar Cheese. With vibrant cherry tomatoes and lemon wedges as the finishing touches, this dish is sure to be a crowd-pleaser, serving up to four hungry diners.
All-in-one Chicken Rice with Cheddar
Prep Time: 25 min
Total Time: 45 min
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) canola oil
- 454 g (1 pound) chicken breast, cubed
- 1 onion, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 500 ml (2 cups) long-grain rice
- 15 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 12 cherry tomatoes of various colours
- 1 L (4 cups) chicken stock
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 5 ml (1 tsp) chili powder
- 5 ml (1 tsp) smoked paprika
- 5 ml (1 tsp) cumin
- 225 g (8 oz) Armstrong Lactose Free Marble Cheddar Cheese, grated
- One diced green onion
- One lemon cut in wedges
1. In a large heavy-bottomed pan, heat the oil, add the chicken cubes and sear them on all sides until they are golden brown.
2. Add the onion, salt and black pepper. Mix well and let it brown for a minute. Add the rice and let it brown for around 2 minutes.
3. Add the black beans, cherry tomatoes, chicken stock, garlic, chili powder, smoked paprika and cumin.
4. Bring to a boil, cover and let it reduce over low heat.
5. Cook for about 20 minutes, or until the rice is tender.
6. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
7. Sprinkle with cheese, collect and let it set for 2-3 minutes off heat to let the cheese melt.
8. Garnish with green onions and lemon wedges.