With the Super Bowl being less than a month away, it’s time we started getting our plans sorted. Mazola shared with us this recipe for Deep Fried Olives, a wonderful appetizer option. Made with Mazola Corn Oil, these are the perfect pre-game snack that will please even the pickiest of eaters and olive-haters – because everything tastes better when deep fried.
Deep Fried Olives
Total Time: 28 minutes
- 3 cups of corn oil
- 1 jar of garlic stuffed olives (750ml), drained
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 ½ cups of Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
1. Beat the egg in one bowl and set aside. Place breadcrumbs in a second shallow bowl and set aside.
2. Dip an olive in the egg, then place in the breadcrumbs firmly coating all sides, place back in the egg and again in the breadcrumbs and set aside on a plate. Repeat for remaining olives. Let the olives rest in the fridge for 15 minutes to help the breading adhere.
3. Heat oil in a heavy-bottomed saucepan or dutch oven over medium-high heat.
4. Line a baking sheet or plate with paper towels. Once the oil reaches 325°F, cook the olives in batches. Do not overcrowd the pan. Cook until all sides are golden brown, approx 1 minute. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain onto a paper towel-lined pan. Serve warm.