Armstrong Cheese shared with us this tasty recipe for Onion Soup Flavoured Burger. Caramelized onions infused with a touch of honey bring a sweet and savoury twist to these juicy, grilled patties. Paired with the richness of Armstrong Swiss Cheese, these burgers are a flavour explosion waiting to happen. With a quick prep time and just 25 minutes from start to finish, you can enjoy restaurant-quality burgers in the comfort of your own backyard. Get ready for a mouthwatering experience that’ll leave you craving seconds!
Onion Soup Flavoured Burger
Prep Time: 10 min
Total Time: 25 min
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) butter
- 2 medium-sized yellow onions, peeled and minced
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) honey
- Salt and ground pepper, to taste
- 675g (1 ½ lbs) lean ground beef
- One small packet of dehydrated onion soup mix
- 4 hamburger buns
- 4 to 8 slices of Armstrong Swiss Cheese
1. In a pot, melt the butter and sauté the onions on medium heat for 5 minutes. Add the honey, salt, and pepper, and cook until caramelized.
2. Preheat the barbecue to medium heat. Oil the grill.
3. Mix the ground beef with the dehydrated onion soup mix. With your hands or a hamburger-press, shape four patties with the meat.
4. Grill the patties 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until well done. Add salt and pepper.
5. Grill the buns. Place the patties on the base buns and garnish with Armstrong sliced Swiss cheese and caramelized onions. Close the buns.