Courtesy of Mazola, these savoury bites are a fun and tasty twist on classic pizza. Made with a blend of pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese, and your favourite toppings, these muffins are baked to perfection in a muffin tin, creating a unique and portable snack that is sure to be a hit with your guests. Not only are these Pizza Snacking Muffins a delicious snack, but they’re also incredibly easy to make! Whether you’re looking to feed a crowd or just a few friends, this recipe is easy to scale and can be customized to suit your personal taste preferences. So gather your ingredients, preheat your oven, and get ready to score a touchdown with your guests with these delicious and indulgent Pizza Snacking Muffins!
Pizza Snacking Muffins
● 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour (OR substitute 1 cup whole wheat flour for 1 cup all-purpose)
● 1 (2-1/4 tsp.) envelope Fleischmann’s Quick Rise Yeast
● 2 tablespoons sugar
● 1 teaspoon salt
● 1-1/2 teaspoons leaf oregano
● 1-1/4 cups very warm water (120º to 130ºF)
● 1 tablespoon Mazola Vegetable Oil
● 3/4 cup finely chopped OR mini pepperoni
● 1/4 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
● 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
● 1 cup 1/2-inch cubed mozzarella cheese OR shredded if making minis
For Dipping (Optional):
● Pizza Sauce
1. Combine 1-1/2 cups flour, undissolved yeast, sugar, salt and oregano in large mixer bowl.
2. Add water and oil; beat 2 minutes on medium speed.
3. Gradually add remaining 1-1/4 cups flour to make a stiff yet sticky dough. 4. Stir in pepperoni, green bell pepper, onion and cheese.
5. Cover bowl and let rest 10 minutes.
6. Portion dough into 12 (2-1/2 inch) generously greased muffin cups OR 36 mini muffin cups using a scoop or 2 tablespoons (do not use paper liners).
7. Cover and let rise 35 to 45 minutes. Dough will rise, but not double in size. 8. Bake in preheated 375°F oven for 20 to 25 minutes (17 to 20 minutes for minis) until well browned.
9. Let cool on wire rack for 2 minutes.
10. Run a knife around each roll to remove from pan.
11. Serve warm with pizza sauce for dipping, if desired.
12. Refrigerate any leftovers.
1. Completely cool muffins and place in an airtight container to freeze.
2. Thaw in the refrigerator.
3. Microwave for 15 to 20 seconds and serve immediately.